January 16, 2013

The Liebster Award



Here is where I was nominated! I thank you both for nominating me... It's a bit strange so early on (to me). The Read-a-holic and Once Upon A Book

I've got two sets of questions...

1. Favorite Literary Location and why?
Most are set in our world... I suppose that's OK. I wouldn't want to live in a Dystopian.
2. What is your favorite character from a book, and why?
Currently Box from The Bad Tuesdays, I'm with him in a 6th book... So he's overtaken Peeta (it's not true the only reason I like him is because of Josh!) I don't know why I love him so much, I suppose it happened in the 5th book... Read it & I won't spoil it :D
3. What book that is coming out this year are you looking forward to and why?
It already came out this year. On the 3rd. The Lost Girl, but I suppose if not... Mind Games.
4. What is your favorite author?
All I can say is... I don't know. Perhaps Joss Stirling.
5. Your favorite book cover?


Leaning towards that --->



6. Do you like to write stories? If so, what genre are they? If not, why not?
No. I can't... It just... I don't work. I don't do it on my own. I roleplay.
7. What is your favorite place to read and why?
Depends if I'm on my kindle (or kindle for computer) or with a book... I'm not saying that to be awkward...  I like to read abroad but more often that not read on my bed, in class, propped up against random walls in the house...
8. What do you love most about book-blogging?
Reviewing for Challenges. Awful I know...
9. Are most of your books bought, from the library, borrowed, or won from giveaways?
It's either bought or from the library... I have a lot of both. I borrow ebooks from the library too, so really I don't know!
10. What makes you love a book?
Probably as long as it doesn't contain something vulgar, cliche or flat I will at least like it. It's a mix of many things to make me love it.

What's a book you decided to read by judging it's cover?
Candor. I read the blurb too. I always read the blurb too.
Jelly or Jam?
Jelam. Yeah. Made that one up...
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Germany.
What's one sentence you use to define yourself?
I'm a beautifully average-looking girl with a beautifully weird personality.
Do you play an instrument?
I used to play the piano...
If you have one, what is your guilty obsession? 
Chewing gum. I'm not allowed it with my brace but... I still do.
Your favorite childhood show? 
DOCTOR WHO!
Do you prefer cursive or print, with pen or pencil? 
Cursive. Pen.
Do you sing along while listening to music whether it's out loud, ear buds, or in your head?
Yup.
Favorite fruit?
Mangoes.
What was the first thought to pop into your head after reading my questions?
Does she mean 'jelly & jam' in the US sense or the British?

1. I don't let my to-read list ever be bigger than my read list.
2. Ich spreche Deutsch.
3. Because of No. 2 I find it quite amazing the Liebster Award (which mean 'dearest') originated from Germany- the person does remain anon as is often the case with chain-letter style awards.
4. I cannot handle spicy food. Even a little bit spicy.
5. I tend to act like a social butterfly in school but out of school I'm like any other book-loving, Youtube-obsessed teenager.
6. My hand-eye coordination is horrific.
7. I am allergic to oreos, or something in them... I'm not sure which. I've eaten one in my whole lifetime. I have no desire to experience the swollen tongue again.
8. I'm not a writer but I've written songs before. They are easier to write than novels. As much as I would like to write something big, I never do.
9. I'm a Christian and although there are like 300 people in my school year I can count the Christians that I know of on my fingers.
10. Most of my RL friends do love Art too & we spend most lunchtimes in the Art rooms (tis' more fun than library & you're allowed music!) but one of my friends showed me an image by Pablo Picasso & didn't have any clue who the artist was... It was such an obvious still life of his I was like... O.o
11. Although I've said I'm 5"4, I look more like 5"5 as I wear high heels. Even to school. I don't really care.

For The People I've Nominated:


Please do the below~
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;
 2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;
 3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.

QUESTIONS:

1.     Do you like this colour font?
2.     What foreign languages do you speak?
3.     Favourite type of music?
4.     What is your favourite book with a movie adaptation? And why?
5.     Do you enter book giveaways? If so, how many have you won?
6.     Do you ever smell books? If not, is it because you prefer digital books?
7.    Hardcover or paperback?
8.     A book you didn’t finish...?
9.     How do you order your bookshelves/bookcase(s)?
10.  Favourite short story/novella?
11.  Do you count these in your books read total?

Nominees:
Claire @ whnbstihwsoft
Jane @ theperksofbeingabookworm
Daniela @ yabookseasons
The BookWorm @ dragongirl28 (or the other way round)...
Summer @ missfictional
Jessica @ read my breath away
Little M @ wesatdown
M @ wesatdown
Sophie's pages
Calamity Creates
The Book World Of Anne

I'm going to try & reach you all by some method or another~ 
TTFN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Doctor who all the way, I even bought a Doctor Who [because you are not allowed to abbreviate such a great man] Cyber-man tshirt the other day. It felt damn awesome.

Looking for something?...

#TBR

#TBR
My favourite hashtag.